Wednesday, February 13, 2013

A mug like that

I drew these today with colored pencil and pen.
EDM 43: A mug

I also used marker to draw this mug. I think this mug drawing is pretty terrible, but it's the first doodle of the day, so what can I expect? I am happy I drew it because it warmed me up to draw this...

EDM 44: A portrait of Kyle, my sock monkey


The real life Kyle.

Kyle is the first (and only) sock monkey I've made. I think he is so charming even though some of his stuffing is coming out of his leg. As you can see from the photo, I took some liberties with his pattern in my doodle! Maybe one day I'll color in some stripes.

I made these collages last night.

Trash collage 5: Mardi Gras Kitty
This collage is made with the lid to a hummus container, tape (obvs!), magazine clipping, star pulled from another project (it works better here!), and Mardi Gras beads my friend Amy was tossing out. This is hanging from my boyfriend's bookshelf now, but I imagine it dangling from the rearview mirror of some player's car. Smooth!

Trash collage 6: Cry
This collage is made with a soy milk top (why do milk cartons have plastic tops?! #EcoRage), magazine clippings, and yarn scraps. It's photographed on top of a tissue box that I think is topically appropriate and has an awesome pattern.

Somehow I managed to not produce any trash today, but tomorrow I go into work. I'm sure I'll have lots of trash materials to choose from there.

Thanks for visiting my blog and holding space for my dreams. Much love!

No comments:

Post a Comment